Eczema Scratch Mitten PJ Eco-Organic
Our best selling registered designs have been helping families sleep better for generations. All in one PJ with back opening. Comfy 'hand shaped' double layer mittens and enclosed feet to protect from allergens and night time scratching.
Super soft durable 100% Organic Cotton which is light enough not to get too hot but strong enough to protect from scratching.
NB. Sorry, we are currently Out of Stock in 90/100/110 - these are due very soon so we are now taking pre-orders and will send as soon as available (around 20 Oct) or try our Bird Print version - same product just in a different colour or our new dungarees combined with a mitten T (particularly good for wriggly kids).
Why It's Great
- No labels inside
- Flat seams inside and out for extra comfort
- No tight wrist ties and no uncomfortable tight seams around the armholes
- Protects against secondary infections and prevents scarring
- Back buttoned opening with comfy elasticated back waist
- Soft natural colour with rainbow stitching
- 100% Organic cotton (fabric weight 180gsm)
- Machine washable at 60c and cool tumble dry (NB. should wash after each wear to remove allergens/cream/skin from fabric so ideally have 2-3 sets)
Note: there are no wrist restraints on this style which would enable a determined child to hold the end of the mitten and pull the hands inside to scratch
Perfect for babies and slightly older children who appreciate the ability to scratch without causing pain and damage. For wriggly toddlers our eczema dungarees and matching mitten T's might be better to help keep them contained!
If a child should learn to escape from our Mitten PJ then a useful tip is to use an old vest ( cut down to just the top half) and put over the top of the suit - this restricts the ability to pull the arm through the armhole to escape
Alternatively you could try cutting a cuff off an old (woven cotton) shirt - school shirt? and move the button so it fits snugly, but not tight over the wrists
This can then be folded over so the button cannot be used to scratch with
What needs to be avoided at all costs is anything tied or tight over the wrist, which is usually where sore eczema can present itself which will cause pain and distress to the child